The aims of the Heritage Group of Leichhardt District (HGOLD) are:
- to promote and raise community awareness about the history and heritage of the Leichhardt Local Government area
- to assist in raising funds for local history activities and resources
- to act as advocates for increased awareness of local history in the Leichhardt Council area
- to offer assistance to the community
- to facilitate networking and liaison between local history groups in the Leichhardt district
- to compile a conprehensive list of archival and heritage collections held by individuals and groups in the district
To meet these aims, fundraising events are held throughout the year and include seminars, workshops, tours and walks.
The Heritage Group of Leichhardt District meets on the second Monday of each month at 5pm in the Local Studies Room, Leichhardt Library.
All are welcome. Download our membership application and return it with your payment.
Come and join us if
- you want to find out more about the street you live in
- you are fascinated by the history of your suburb
- you want to research the background of your house or family
Come and join us to
- help plan future events
- assist in finding and cataloguing local resources
- network with other like-minded groups
- share your information about our community history
- let us know what your group is doing, if you respresent a similar organisation.
A newssheet is produced each month advertising upcoming events of the Group and affiliated groups.
Fund raising and other events are organised bi-monthly on average.
If you need more information please contact us by visiting our contact page.